1.2K views
2.0

I paid almost $1000 for lifetime, in-home support for my two dogs. When I did research on Bark Busters, the main points that encouraged me to go with them was the lifetime support, and they come to you, aka "in-home".

I worked with a trainer for a little bit, and she ended up retiring. No trainers took her place in my area, so all Bark Busters could offer me was video chatting with a trainer who lives on the East Coast. I tried it for a couple sessions, but that was not what I paid for. I wanted a trainer to be here, in person, to show me how to train, and correct me while I'm doing it.

This doesn't work if I have to hold my phone for him to see. I insisted they give me a partial 50% refund, which I thought was reasonable. They refused, saying "my original trainer took the payment, not Bark Busters. They guarantee lifetime support, not in-home support." Except their website says they are different from other training companies because they do IN-HOME SUPPORT.

I am so disappointed with them.

Now I'm out $1000, and all I want to do is find another trainer who CAN offer in-home support, but I'm not willing to do that without getting some money back from Bark Busters. I would suggest you think twice before singing a contract with them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bark Busters Dog Training.

Preferred solution: Partial refund (50%).

Comments

Had a very disappointing experience after signing and paying well over $650 to the national franchise. My personal opinion, buy a few good dog training books...one I like is No Bad Dogs authored by respected dog trainer Barbara Woodhouse.