Bark Busters - "Lifetime Guarantee" = Worthless; Find Reputable Behaviorist Instead
While some trainers who work for BarkBusters may be good trainers, they are the minority. And if your trainer leaves the business as ours did, you are left with a newly-assigned trainer who has no experience, and there is no money-back guarantee. Our first trainer was inconstant and unreliable (not contacting us for over six weeks during puppy training). What are we supposed to do? The contract explicitly states that the dog owner cannot use another training service without voiding the lifetime warranty.
So, we either go with the new, inexperienced trainer, or we walk away having lost over $500 ($495.00 plus two harnesses). Corporate was no help because they refuse to return money even though trainers post erroneous information on the corporate website. It turns out that our trainer had reviews that were not for him but for the person before him. The new trainer has reviews on her web page that are note for her either (see picture).
We learned the hard way and are now paying for a reputable, licensed behaviorist to undo the problems caused by using a trainer who was supposedly backed by this organization. Good trainers let you pay as you go; they don't take your money up front and then leave you hanging.
Find a reputable behaviorist -- not a gimmick.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer service
- Misleading website reviews
- Bait and switch
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Barkbusters Dog Training
- Review category
- Animal Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This is a long but detailed story, so before I begin below is only a PARTIAL LIST of what Myloh and I experienced at Wonder Lake Veterinary Clinic with Dr...."
- "Petco Needham Ma. 7/4/13 Broke my greyhound's leg when grooming her. Total neglect on their part. I never got a straight answer but they claim she jumped out of the..."
- "On Wed. June 3, 2015, I took my 1 year old Shorkie to be groomed at Petsmart #1421, 7350 S Gartrell Rd Gartrell in Aurora, CO. When I went..."
- "I purchased a reload it pack in the beginning of December 2016. I attempted to set up an account on their website. (This is my first ever experience with this..."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "I'd say that 25% of the time the potential customer doesn't look at the bid, BUT when that happens you get your 2 or 3 credits refunded. Overall the leads..."
- "I went into your store located at Harmony Salad Works in Delaware about 4pm right after work to grab myself a salad and had to wait 15-20 minutes for anyone..."
- "Sarah travel is a once-in-a-lifetime experience with exceptional Hotel breakfast in Mekka and Medinawith outstanding tours of both cities in your hotel is right near the Masjid nabawi can your..."
- "On July 25, 2014, I went to the Applebee's on Kirkwood Highway, Wilmington, Delaware for a lunch date with my son. I ordered the Bourbon Steak. When the meal arrived,..."