Bark Busters - "Lifetime Guarantee" = Worthless; Find Reputable Behaviorist Instead
While some trainers who work for BarkBusters may be good trainers, they are the minority. And if your trainer leaves the business as ours did, you are left with a newly-assigned trainer who has no experience, and there is no money-back guarantee. Our first trainer was inconstant and unreliable (not contacting us for over six weeks during puppy training). What are we supposed to do? The contract explicitly states that the dog owner cannot use another training service without voiding the lifetime warranty.
So, we either go with the new, inexperienced trainer, or we walk away having lost over $500 ($495.00 plus two harnesses). Corporate was no help because they refuse to return money even though trainers post erroneous information on the corporate website. It turns out that our trainer had reviews that were not for him but for the person before him. The new trainer has reviews on her web page that are note for her either (see picture).
We learned the hard way and are now paying for a reputable, licensed behaviorist to undo the problems caused by using a trainer who was supposedly backed by this organization. Good trainers let you pay as you go; they don't take your money up front and then leave you hanging.
Find a reputable behaviorist -- not a gimmick.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer service
- Misleading website reviews
- Bait and switch
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Barkbusters Dog Training
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "I do NOT believe the ashes I received back from Pet Meadows Cremetory (in Hamilton, NJ) are in fact the ashes of my 12 pound Pomeranian, Missy. This place proved..."
- "We took our dog to camp Bow Wow in San Antonio, TX Northwest while on vacation. When we returned, we picked him up and the card they gave us which..."
- "I paid almost $1000 for lifetime, in-home support for my two dogs. When I did research on Bark Busters, the main points that encouraged me to go with them was..."
- "House of Labels by LOL that is owned by Reality star Brittish Williams from BBWLA. She has an online boutique she gets most of her customers from IG. When you..."
- "I recently finished an entire month+ of back and forth emails between myself and Shoebuy.com's Customer (dis)Service. I had purchased a pair of shoes and was really excited to receive..."
- "Alright, I am a bright college graduate that got stuck in a small rural town taking care of my ill mother for the time being and "quick applied" on Career..."
- "It's a great airline if you like the idea of a flying a city bus. I don't normally do reviews but I had to go out of my way to..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam, I'm writing this letter to report the immorality of Mr. Mark Kevin Concepcion while on duty. As per Mark Kevin Concepcion he was sent by your good company..."
- "I made recharge of £7.5 using dialling code *139*7001# and received successful message but didn't receive any information on auto renewal. Following month, Lyca deducted another £7.5 and enabled the..."